We are creating a community driven exhibit showcasing the ordinary and extraordinary stories of African-Americans in Topeka and Shawnee County.
Your stories and objects will help highlight past and present individuals and groups who have built and continue to build our community.
Please contribute your story to this local exhibit, African-American Builders of Topeka.
Story Collection Program
Sat., Oct. 21, 2017 | 10-3 p.m.
Topeka Room | Perkins Room
Submit your stories and objects and spend time with our Local Historian, Donna Rae Person. She and her team will be gathering information about African-American Builders in Topeka and Shawnee County to help create our upcoming exhibit.
Important dates to remember
- October 27, 2017: Deadline for submissions
- November 17, 2017: Gallery staff review submissions, notify entrants of acceptance
- December 11 – 17, 2017: Objects delivered to gallery
- January 19 – March 11, 2018: African-American Builders of Topeka on display in the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery
- March 12 – 18, 2018: All objects returned to lenders