Meeting and Technology Spaces
Meeting & Technology
Let the library host your next meeting or event!
The library is one of the finest venues in Topeka, boasting excellent catering from the Millennium Café, comfortable rooms and a great support staff to help you with technical and setup needs. The library also includes special amenities like the Alice C. Sabatini Art Gallery, the Chandler Booktique and the full range of library resources at your disposal.
Meeting Technology Spaces
Full catering services are available through the Millennium Café, located inside the library. No other vendors or private individuals are permitted to bring food or drink into meeting rooms. All catering arrangements must be made through the Millennium Café.
Upon reserving a library meeting room or event space, the event organizers can contact the Millennium Café manager for catering needs at 785-580-4441. Café management will be responsible for outlining all arrangements for catered food services, invoicing and collection of catering fees.
The library is not party to any arrangement or agreement made between user and Millennium Café management. The library assumes no responsibility for catering services.
- You may bring your own computer or other electronic devices for use in meeting rooms.
- The library accepts no responsibility or liability regarding the use or care of personally supplied equipment.
- We can also provide audiovisual equipment and technical support service if needed.
- The library reserves first priority for use of any audiovisual equipment at all times; and, in rare instances, may pre-empt the scheduled use of equipment that would be needed instead for library use.
- Scheduled use of audiovisual equipment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Computer with wireless keyboard and mouse
- LCD projector and screen.
James C. Marvin Auditorium
- The auditorium includes sound system with multiple microphones.
- Adaptive listening devices are available in each room.
- Each room of the auditorium has an 8′ drop down projection screen available.
- Blu-ray Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless mouse
- Wireless lapel microphone
- Wireless hand-held microphone
- Wired microphone
- Conference phone (Conference calls or any other telephone needs can be arranged with prior notice.)
- Outside telephone access (Local or toll-free calls only)
- Computer with/without Internet
- Portable screen
- Portable LCD projector
- Video conferencing system
- Digital Piano
- Tabletop lectern
- White board
- Easel for flip chart pad holder (Flip chart pad not provided)
- Steinway Grand Piano
- Portable Stage
The event coordinator can assist you in determining fees for the use of library meeting rooms or space, using equipment and other requirements for your event.
Contact the Events Coordinator at (785) 580-4495 or email@example.com or call the main library at (785) 580-4400.
No charge for non-profit community groups, individuals or governmental organizations holding a meeting or event that is free and open to the public.
For-profits are charged a reasonable room rental fee.
Full refund of the Room Charge will be given to for-profits if the required 24 hour cancellation notice is given by the customer.