Take your skills, hobbies and work to the next level in the community’s free cutting-edge technology work space – the Level 2 Tech Center. This area includes a fully-equipped digital art studio, two recording studios, 30 computers and 5 small meeting rooms. Regardless of your skill level, the library has the staff, equipment, software and training to help you level up your tech game.
How you might use the Level 2 Tech Center
What you’ll find in the Level 2 Tech Center
- Fully-equipped recording studios for audio and video recording
- Digital art studio with Macs, Adobe Creative Suite, Cricut, 3D printer, 3D scanner and laminator
- CoLab rooms for 1-3 people with a conference table, 42″ monitor, webcam, speakers & software
- Public computers with high speed internet and Microsoft software
Amp up your audio game in one of our recording studios. From podcasts to music recordings, the recording studios have you covered with soundproofing up to 80db. We have built in equipment to easily podcast with up to four guests in an attractive space. Use our Shure mics to run audio through the PreSonus Studio audio interface and access recording software such as GarageBand, Audacity and the Adobe Creative Suite. You will not only sound better than recording in your friend’s basement, your background will look professional in your selfies to promote your newest episode.
Recording Studio B includes a video setup. Oral histories, YouTube demos, video resumes – your creativity is in the driver seat with our built-in Panasonic Lumix G7 cameras, Pearl Mini video production system and video editing software (edit in the Design Studio). You can use our green screen to add your own backgrounds and effects! We have staff available to help you troubleshoot.
Digital Art Studio
Use the latest equipment and software to move your ideas from concept to reality. After an orientation, book time to experiment with our Cricut Explore 3, Ultimaker 3D printer, 3D scanner to digitize your stuff, and Photolam laminator to protect your photos, make games, cards, or even bookmarks.
This digital art studio is the perfect place to work on your artistic hobby, implement your Etsy side hustle or build your portfolio for your next career. With the Level 2 Tech Center tools, training classes (in-person and virtual) and expert library staff, you’ll be ready to move up and accomplish your goals.
Youth in the Tech Center
The Level 2 Tech Center is a place for those seeking to work, create and design using the digital tools available. Because of the tools, please be aware of the following guidelines for youth.
Public Computers area
- An adult will supervise a child younger than 8 years and must work together on the same computer
- Public computers may be used by kids 8 years and older, independently
Digital Arts Studio
- Adults and youth 12 years+ will take an Orientation class prior to use will cover how to use the tools
- Youth 12 years of age and older may use the studio independently>
- Youth 8-11 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who has completed an orientation class
- Children younger than 8 years are not eligible to use the studio
- Adults will supervise a child younger than 8 years and work together in the same room
- Youth aged 12 years+ may use the studios independently after orientation class
- Youth 8-11 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who has complete orientation class
- Children younger than 8 years of age are not eligible to use the studios
Questions about the tech center?
Contact Todd Smith, Emerging Technologies Librarian. For the past 15 years Todd’s role was helping library staff with technology. Now he’s using that experience to help you. Todd is friendly and practical in his advice. There is always be a staff person with technology training available in the Tech Center who can direct you to the resources you need.