Research Tools - Alphabetical List
- A to Z Databases A to Z databases is a directory and marketing database that includes 30 million businesses and 220 million residents. It is ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, job searches and finding friends and relatives.
- ABC Mouse (Home Use Only) ABCmouse's high-quality curriculum has thousands of learning activities to support your child's education at home!
- Academic Search Premier Scholarly, multi-disciplinary research database.
- African-American History & Genealogy Explore African-American history, culture and experience from the 16th through 20th centuries.
- Agricola Research agricultural information dating back to 1970. Contains records from the USDA National Agricultural Library.
- Alt HealthWatch This database focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- American Ancestors Online repository for more than 400 million searchable names covering New England, New York, and beyond. It provides access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Register and American Ancestors magazine, databases, and more than 200,000 published genealogies, biographies, local histories, vital records, maps, and other printed materials. (Due to license restrictions, this resource is only available for use on library computers or your own computer using library Wi-Fi.)
- Ancestry Library Edition Census data, genealogy records and family history resources. (Due to license restrictions, this resource is only available for use on library computers or your own computer using library Wi-Fi.)
- Applied Science & Technology Abstracts Indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core scientific and technical publications.
- Art Full Text Comprehensive resource for art information, styles and movements from periodicals, journals, art dissertations, and art reproductions.
- Auto Repair Source Find auto repair information for your late model car, truck, or van.
- Black Life in America The experience and impact of African Americans as recorded by the news media.
- Biography for Beginners Narrative histories, glossaries, timelines, and illustrations.
- Book Collection: Nonfiction Searchable full text from popular nonfiction books covering core subject areas, as well as information on careers, health, sports, adventure, technology, life skills and more.
- BookFlix Listen and read storybooks, e-books, videos, games, and more for grades pre-K through 3.
- Britannica Library Easy to use, and easy to find trusted information to conduct research, complete school assignments, work on special projects.
- Britannica Library for Kids Easy to use, and easy to find trusted information to complete school assignments or explore unique interests.
- Business Source Premier Business research information including company profiles; industry, market research, and SWOT analysis reports.
- Computer Source Search and view articles on the latest information and current trends in technology.
- Consumer Health Complete Comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health information with content from journals, magazines, books, pamphlets, images, videos. Also includes information from medical encyclopedias and guides to prescription/ nonprescription drugs.
- Consumer Reports Expert unbiased product ratings and reviews.
- Creativebug Find classes on art & design, sewing, quilting, crochet, paper, knitting, food & home, jewelry, holiday & party, and kids.
- Education Abstracts Research education topics such as adult education, multicultural/ethnic education, and teaching methods.
- Education Resource Information Center (ERIC) Search education literature and resources from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index.
- Enciclopedia Moderna y Britannica Escolar Online Enciclopedia Moderna para adultos y estudiantes y Britannica Escolar Online para estudiantes de 6 a 12 años de edad.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750 Comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- Explora Find articles and facts for research papers, class projects, or homework from the world’s leading magazines and reference books.
- FactCite Find biographies of thousands of famous people from all over the world. Includes special section of illustrated articles on American History.
- Flipster View your favorite magazines on your computer or mobile device.
- Fold 3 Collection of US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served.
- Foundation Directory Professional Find information on over U.S. foundations, direct corporate giving programs and grant-making public charities. (Due to license restrictions, this resource is only available for use on library computers or your own computer using library Wi-Fi.)
- Fuente Académica Revistas científicas de América Latina, Portugal y España. Scholarly journals from Latin America, Portugal and Spain.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- Gale in Context: Biography Search for people based on one or more personal facts such as birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation, or gender.
- Genealogy Connect Collection of nearly 600 genealogy research and reference publications.
- General Reference Center Find articles from magazines, newspapers, and reference books covering current events, popular culture, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, and more.
- GreenFILE Information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment on topics such as global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- Health Reference Center Academic Search information from medical and professional periodicals, health and fitness magazines, and reference books and pamphlets. Designed for both nursing and health students as well as consumer health researchers.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition Information on topics such as medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health from consumer health magazines.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition Full text scholarly journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide.
- Heritage Hub Comprehensive newspaper collection of obituaries and death notices (1999-present) with an easy-to-use interface.
- HeritageQuest Online Search the U.S. census 1790-1940, family histories, genealogical serials, and local histories. Resources on towns and families from all 50 states as well as Canada and the British Isles.
- Hispanic Life in America The experience and impact of Hispanic Americans as recorded by the news media, 1704 to today.
- History Reference Center Articles and information from reference and nonfiction books, encyclopedias, leading history periodicals, historical documents, biographies of historical figures, historical photos, maps, and videos.
- Hoopla The library offers a great selection ebooks and digital audiobooks as well as movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries, and music. Browse and search on your browser, smartphone or tablet.
- Kansas City Business Journal The premier source for Kansas City business articles. Full issues available online.
- The Kansas City Star Collection The electronic image edition of the Kansas City Star is an exact digital reproduction of the printed edition, with keyword searching and ability to browse the full publication. All pages, including advertising, photos and graphics are included.
- LearningExpress Library Test preparation materials for elementary through adult level. Includes the ACT, ASVAB, Civil Service, Cosmetology, EMS, GED, GMAT, GRE, Law Enforcement, Real Estate, SAT, U.S. Citizenship and more.
- Legal Collection Information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- LegalTrac Find articles in all major law reviews, law journals, specialty law and bar association journals and legal newspapers.
- Library Literature & Information Science Index Cover-to-cover index of over 400 journals, including key library and information science periodicals.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) Index of core journals, books, research reports and proceedings.
- LinkedIn Learning LinkedIn Learning is an online library of high-quality instructional videos on the latest software tools and skills.
- Literature Resource Center Biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of authors from every age and literary discipline.
- Mango Languages Access 60 foreign language courses (basic and complete) and 17 English courses taught completely in the user’s native language. Aprendizaje de idiomas, incluye ingles para hispanohablantes.
- MAS Ultra Full text articles from popular, high school-level magazines as well as reference books, biographies, primary source documents, photos, maps, and flags.
- MasterFILE Premier Covering virtually every subject area of general interest; search and access reference books, primary source documents, photos, maps and flags.
- MedicLatina Investigación médica y revistas de investigación de renombrados editores latinoamericanos y españoles. Medical research and investigatory journals from renowned Latin American and Spanish publishers.
- MEDLINE Authoritative medical information from the U.S. National Library of Medicine on topics such as medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences.
- Merck Manual Consumer Edition Find information on medical topics, symptoms, drugs, procedures, news and more, written in everyday language.
- Military & Government Collection Current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center Research stocks, funds, current or prospective holdings.
- New York Times – Historical Newspapers Edition The complete run of the New York Times (1851-2011) reproduced in cover-to-cover full-page image, including news stories, editorials, graphics and advertisements.
- Newsbank: America's News Explore and stay informed on local and national topics, people and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources spanning the U.S.
- NewsBank: Special Reports Browse news and information on topics of current interest. Includes content sources throughout the world to provide a global perspective, current and background information, statistics, maps, images, websites, and suggested search terms.
- Newspapers.com - World Collection Find marriage and birth announcements, obituaries, news and more.
- Novelist Plus Search for works by a favorite author, readalikes and book discussion guides.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source Comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more.
- OverDrive The Library has ebooks and digital audibooks for your enjoyment. Now you can browse and search hundreds of great titles and download them to your computer, transfer them to a portable device, or burn onto a CD for your reading and listening pleasure anywhere, anytime.
- Primary Search Full text articles from popular magazines for elementary school research. Includes reading level indicators (Lexiles).
- Professional Development Collection Research articles and information from education journals and educational reports.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection Comprehensive resource covering topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- Readers Guide Retrospective Comprehensive index of the most popular general-interest magazines published in the U.S. (1890-1982), reflecting the history of 20th century America.
- Regional Business News Coverage of regional business publications covering all U.S. metropolitan and rural areas.
- Regional Business News Coverage of regional business publications covering all U.S. metropolitan and rural areas.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection Extensive coverage of world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
- Sanborn Maps Learn about the history, growth and development of American cities, towns and neighborhoods through digitized, Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, 1867-1970.
- ScienceFlix Find curriculum-driven content on topics in science, technology, and engineering.
- Small Business Reference Center Business basics, start-up kits, business plans, and information on business areas and small business types.
- Social Justice Suite Research the history of slavery in America, civil rights and social justice issues, gun regulation and legislation in America and more.
- Teacher Reference Center Indexing and abstracts of popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines.
- Teachables A Scholastic online resource with over 30,000 ready-to-use printable learning resources in every subject for learners PreK through grade 6.
- The Mailbox Plus The Mailbox® Plus is packed with 52,000+ fun and engaging ideas, activities, and worksheets that help inspire imaginations while teaching essential skills
- Topeka Capital-Journal Image Edition The electronic image edition of the Topeka Capital-Journal is an exact digital reproduction of the printed edition, with keyword searching and ability to browse the full publication. All pages, including advertising, photos and graphics are included.
- TOPICsearch Search and view articles from international and regional newspapers, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
- Treehouse Learn from over 1000 videos created by expert teachers on web design, coding, business, and much more.
- TrueFlix TrueFlix is a nonfiction literacy resource that leverages Scholastic's award-winning True Book series with related video content.
- Tumblebooks TumbleBook Library is a collection of animated, talking picture books. TumbleBook Library can be read by you or read to you! Our collection includes storybooks, books in French and Spanish for language learning, read-along books, non-fiction books, puzzles and games, math stories and graphic novels.
- USA TODAY Collection Explore USA history through local news, events and people with USA TODAY Collection. Search current and archived issues with full-color newspaper pages, full-text articles and content only published online. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
- Web News Near real-time access to thousands of top news feeds and newswires from around the globe.
- Wichita Eagle Collection Explore Wichita history through local news, events and people with Wichita Eagle Collection. Search current and archived issues with full-color newspaper pages, full-text articles and content only published online. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
- WorldCat WorldCat is the world's largest network of library content and services.