Computers & Wifi
- Customers with a valid library card may use computers in the library for up to 5 hours each day.
- Visitors with a guest pass may use computers for up to 1 hour each day.
- Children (17 & younger) with a valid library card will have unlimited computer time each day.
- Computers are also available at these Topeka area Community Centers. Please call the community center for current open hours.
- Log onto a computer with your library card barcode and PIN number (your PIN is a 4 digit number. Forgot your PIN?). The computer keeps track of time for you.
- All residents within our reciprocal borrowing area are asked to apply for a TSCPL library card. Visitors to our library who are not eligible for a library card may obtain a guest pass at the customer service desk to access the computers for 1 hour. Guest passes are issued on an individual, daily basis.
- Library cards are not transferable; each customer must use their own library card to access the computer.
- Public computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Public computers are running Windows 10. Software includes Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge and Chrome for web browsing, Windows Photo Viewer for photo viewing, and Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint).
- Catalog-only computers for searching for library materials are available throughout the library.
- For more information, please read the library's computer use policy.
Wireless Internet Access
The library provides wireless internet access to everyone during library hours.
When you are at the library locate "TSCPL-Public" in your Wi-Fi network listing on your laptop computer, tablet or phone. Click or tap the the "I Accept" button to connect to the Wi-Fi network. If you have questions, staff will be able to help on a limited basis.