Level 2 Tech Center
Take your skills, hobbies and work to the next level in the community’s free cutting-edge technology work space – the Level 2 Tech Center. This area includes a fully-equipped digital art studio, two recording studios, 30 computers and 5 small meeting rooms. Regardless of your skill level, the library has the staff, equipment, software and training to help you level up your tech game.
Training and a valid TSCPL library card is required before reserving or using the specialized equipment in the Level 2 Tech Center.
Complete an Online Orientation section
Complete an Online Orientation
This requires creating a free account with Niche Academy
Creating this account will gain you access to:
- Upcoming orientations and equipment tutorials
- Ready to use training on a wide range of subjects including library services such as Libby by Overdrive, Hoopla, Mango and LinkedIn Learning
A valid library card required.
What you'll find in the Level 2 Tech Center
- Fully-equipped recording studios for audio and video
- Digital art studio with Macs, Adobe Creative Suite, Cricut, 3D printer, and laminator
- CoLab rooms for 1-3 people with a conference table, 42″ monitor, webcam, speakers & software
- Public computers with high speed internet and Microsoft software
Register for online equipment/room orientation class to learn to use a recording studio or the digital art studio. Once you’ve learned the basics of how the equipment works, you can schedule time in these spaces to work on whatever you’d like – podcasts, videos, photo editing, graphic design, vinyl lettering or almost anything else you dream up. Another great learning tool is LinkedIn Learning, which you can use free with your library card. Tech Center staff will help you find the best courses to help you accomplish your goals.
- Located on the 2nd floor of the library, west of the Topeka Room.
- Training is required before using equipment in Digital Art Studio and recording studios.
- There is a $2 charge for each 3D print job. You may reserve the 3D printer up to 3 hours per day.
Amp up your audio game in one of our recording studios. From podcasts to music recordings, the recording studios have you covered with soundproofing up to 80db. We have built in equipment to easily podcast with up to four guests in an attractive space. Use our Shure mics to run audio through the PreSonus Studio audio interface and access recording software such as GarageBand, Audacity and the Adobe Creative Suite. You will not only sound better than recording in your friend’s basement, your background will look professional in your selfies to promote your newest episode.
Recording Studio B includes a video setup. Oral histories, YouTube demos, video resumes – your creativity is in the driver seat with our built-in Panasonic Lumix G7 cameras, Pearl Mini video production system and video editing software (edit in the Design Studio). You can use our green screen to add your own backgrounds and effects! We have staff available to help you troubleshoot.
Use the latest equipment and software to move your ideas from concept to reality. After an orientation, book time to experiment with our Cricut Explore 3, Ultimaker 3D printer, and thermal laminator to protect your photos, make games, cards or even bookmarks.
This digital art studio is the perfect place to work on your artistic hobby, implement your Etsy side hustle or build your portfolio for your next career. With the Level 2 Tech Center tools, training classes and expert library staff, you’ll be ready to move up and accomplish your goals.
CoLab Rooms are excellent for virtual meetings, remote work, video interviews and consultations. These rooms provide a quiet space equipped with technology for one to three people. Each room has a small conference table, 42” monitor with built-in webcam and speakers, and work software such as the Microsoft suite.
You can reserve a CoLab Room up to seven days in advance for up to three hours a day with your library card.
Youth in the Tech Center
The Level 2 Tech Center is a place for those seeking to work, create and design using the digital tools available. Because of the tools, please be aware of the following guidelines for youth:
- Adults and children age 12 and older can use the Level 2 Tech Center independently. Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Studio spaces including Recording Studios and the Digital Art Studio have an additional age restriction: children under age 8 are not allowed in Studio spaces. Children 8 to 11 must be accompanied by an adult who is certified to use the equipment.
Questions about the Tech Center?
Contact Todd Smith, Emerging Technologies Librarian. He's using his tech support experience to help you. Todd is friendly and practical in his advice. There is always a staff person with technology training available in the Tech Center who can direct you to the resources you need.