Business and Career Librarian – Best Life
The Business and Career Librarian will help Shawnee County residents learn new ways to live their best life. The Librarian will work with residents to build practical life skills in successfully managing their money and help them develop skills to be successful in their chosen work. The Librarian will assist business owners and entrepreneurs on their business journey – from idea, prototyping, planning and action to sustainability.
Key functions of the Business and Career Librarian are:
- Customer Touchpoints: Develops, coordinates and implements service initiatives that directly relate to the Best Life community impact goal and its objectives and strategies.
- Partner Relations: Establishes and maintains strong relationships with appropriate community organizations, including Washburn Small Business Development Center, Housing & Credit Counseling inc., Great Topeka Partnership and Topeka Workforce Center.
- Planning: In cooperation with supervisor and director, develops strategies that focus on Best Life goal and its objectives.
- Team Development: Works with supervisor and director to organize appropriate library staff into teams and assign them tasks needed to be done to accomplish Best Life strategies.
- Promotion: Markets Best Life community impact goal work, including programs, services and resources, in traditional social media.
- Evaluation: In concert with supervisor and director, determines measurements and timeline for review process related to strategies and tactics of Best Life community impact goal work.
- Customer Service: Provides customer service for information, reading and technology needs in person, over the phone and online.
- Information Discussions: Provides information and materials to the public, including assistance in the use of equipment and locating library materials and information. Provides for the special information needs of job seekers and entrepreneurs through reference appointments.
- Master’s degree in Library Science and/or Bachelor’s degree in commensurate education field
- Previous library experience is required
- Excellent information search skills and a strong public service orientation
- Excellent technology skills including library and office software applications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed work with accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A valid Kansas driver license and insurable driving record.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or commensurate experience
PAY & BENEFITS: Salary range begins at $42,500 annually. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed and signed job application is required for consideration for each position. Application forms are available online at www.tscpl.org, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources. Applications accepted through October 5, 2018.
Application materials may be mailed, handed in, faxed, or emailed.
Mail completed and signed job application materials to:
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may also be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4491 or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org