Red Carpet Librarian: Best Life/Engaged Readers
Help older adults find ways to live their best life and continue to be engaged readers. The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and articulate leader who is committed to working with older adults, their families and outside organizations to help them find the ways to live their best life. With a focus on older adults, this work will include project management, team development, service planning and implementation, collaborative community planning, advocacy, and excellent customer service.
As the Red Carpet Librarian, you will:
- Manage Projects: Develops work plans in collaboration with the Public Services supervisor and service team for the ongoing customer service activities focused on ensuring that all older adults discover ways to live their best life including annual service evaluation.
- Develop Teams: Organizes staff and volunteers into teams and determines the work to be accomplished and who will complete the work.
- Lead: Acts as lead staff for older adult initiatives and provide direction/guidance for both staff and volunteers.
- Engage Older Adults: Presents and coordinates programs, events and learning activities in the library and out in the community focused on helping older adults find the ways to live their best life.
- Serve Older Adults: Provides excellent service to customers in the library, out in the community and online. Helps older adults, their families and support systems locate and utilize tools to successfully navigated the world.
- Master’s degree in Library Science and/or Bachelor’s degree in commensurate education field.
- Knowledge and/or experience in gerontology
- Dedication to quality customer service
- Excellent technology skills including library and office software applications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed work with accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- A valid Kansas driver license and insurable driving record.
Spanish language fluency
PAY & BENEFITS: Salary range begins at $42,500 annually. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed and signed job application is required for consideration for each position. Application forms are available online at www.tscpl.org, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources. First review of applications will begin the week of January 22, 2018.
Application materials may be mailed, handed in, faxed, or emailed.
Mail completed and signed job application materials to:
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may also be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4491 or send e-mail to: email@example.com EOE