The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and articulate leader who is committed to working with employees, the public, other supervisors and senior leadership to best serve our community.
As the Circulation Supervisor, you will:
- Supervise staff: Manages and supervises daily operations, train and coach staff e.g., monitor schedules, and assign projects, and address any personnel issues with staff. Work directly with all Circulation staff on the service floor, in team meetings and one on one. This position is specifically responsible for supervision of Public Service Specialists, Shelving Assistants, Mailroom Associates, and Circulation Assistants.
- Staff Performance: Provide ongoing feedback to staff about performance and complete staff evaluations, timecards and reports in a timely manner.
- Hiring and Onboarding staff: In concert with the Division Director determine staffing needs and the hiring process in Circulation.
- Service Planning: Implement policies and procedures and assist with development of annual goals for the Division.
- Collaborate effectively with the other Circulation Supervisor in overseeing the daily operation of the entire Circulation Unit.
- Collaborate with Supervisors across the organization to strategically deploy staff resources efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- strong leadership skills to inspire and foster creativity and innovation with staff
- one year of previous library experience
- two years of customer service experience
- ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software applications and Internet searching techniques
- experience with team building
- ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with patrons, volunteers, community partners, colleagues and supervisors
- be people oriented with strong written and oral communication skills with a positive attitude and leadership ability
- excellent interpersonal skills and strong service orientation
- ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- good planning, analytical and organizational skills
- valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- one year of supervisory experience
PAY & BENEFITS: Salary range begins at $51,417.66 annually. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed and signed job application is required for consideration for each position. Application forms are available online at www.tscpl.org, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources. First review of applications will begin the week of February 26, 2018.
Application materials may be mailed, handed in, faxed, or emailed.
Completed and signed job application materials can be mailed to:
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4491 or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE