The library is your one-stop study shop, from getting your preschooler ready for kindergarten to strengthening your teen’s study habits.
Ebooks & audiobooks for preschoolers, kids & teens
Find books instantly on a variety of topics and take your child’s study materials anywhere you go.
- Storyline Online (Preschool through grade 3) – Well-known actors read children’s books in graphically dynamic videos so that children can be read to with just the click of a book image.
- BookFlix (Preschool through grade 3) – BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning.
- OverDrive (All ages) – Hundreds of ebooks and audiobooks on a variety of topics and appealing to all age levels.
- Hoopla Digital (All ages) – Hundreds of eBooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, music and television shows with a specialty in digital content for children.
Library research sites for students
Whether you’re needing basic information for a project or searching for primary sources, the library’s reputable research sites are guaranteed to score you more points than if you use Wikipedia. With some of these sites, you’ll need your library card handy to login when you’re accessing the site outside of the library.
Find biographies of thousands of famous people from all over the world. Includes special section of illustrated articles on American History.
- Primary Search
Full text articles from popular magazines for elementary school research. Includes reading level indicators (Lexiles).
- Biography for Beginners
Narrative histories, glossaries, timelines, and illustrations.
- Britannica Library for Kids
Easy to use, and easy to find trusted information to complete school assignments or explore unique interests.
- Enciclopedia Moderna y Britannica Escolar Online
Enciclopedia Moderna para adultos y estudiantes y Britannica Escolar Online para estudiantes de 6 a 12 años de edad.
Middle / High School
Find articles and facts for research papers, class projects, or homework from the world’s leading magazines and reference books.
- MAS Ultra
Full text articles from popular, high school-level magazines as well as reference books, biographies, primary source documents, photos, maps, and flags.
- Biography in Context
Search for people based on one or more personal facts such as birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation, or gender.
- World History in Context
An overview of world history that covers the most-studied events, periods, cultures, civilizations, religions, conflicts, wars, ideologies, cultural movements and people.
- Book Collection: Nonfiction
Searchable full text from popular nonfiction books covering core subject areas, as well as information on careers, health, sports, adventure, technology, life skills and more.
- Britannica Library
Easy to use, and easy to find trusted information to conduct research, complete school assignments, work on special projects.
Library Learning and Test Prep Sites for Students
Sites that teach, from the alphabet to coding and design. Discover a skill that will last you a lifetime.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy (Preschool)
Miss Humblebee’s Academy is an award-winning, online curriculum for children preschool through kindergarten.
- LearningExpress Library
Test preparation materials for elementary through adult level. Includes the ACT, ASVAB, Civil Service, Cosmetology, EMS, GED, GMAT, GRE, Law Enforcement, Real Estate, SAT, U.S. Citizenship and more.
- Mango gives you interactive video lessons for more than 70 different languages, including Spanish, French, Japanese, Hindi and, just for fun, Pirate. They even have an app for your smartphone or tablet.
Learn from over 1000 videos created by expert teachers on web design, coding, business and much more.