If you like to create with high-tech tools, the Make-It Lab is a space for you. You can create almost anything in this makerspace – music, videos, audio recordings, digital art and 3D contraptions.
The Make-It Lab is in the back of our new books, movies and music room. Walk into the library and when you get to the atrium (the room with the skylights), take a left. Follow the signs to the Make-It Lab.
3D printing technology is quickly evolving. 3D printing is the process of creating physical objects from a three-dimensional digital model. With our 3D printer you can play with this new technology for a low cost of $5 per print.
Here are some examples of projects you can work on in the Make-It Lab:
- Edit and manipulate photos
- Create digital art
- Create and edit videos
- Record music, podcasts and oral histories
- Transfer videos from old formats to newer digital ones
- Transfer audio cassette tapes to MP3 format
- Scan photos and documents
- Make cool stuff with our 3D printer
- Check out a Media Bag and record videos and music outside the library!
If you want to brush up on your technology skills before you jump into the Make-It Lab, Lynda.com and Treehouse offer free online classes (with your library card) on a wide range of technology topics.