Tara Dimick thinks everyone should read Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg. Listen in on the discussion in this episode of HUSH to see if hosts Thad Hartman and Lissa Staley agree.
In this new series of You Made Me Read It! episodes, each podcast guest challenges the hosts with a book recommendation and — hopefully — everyone discovers great new reads.
In 2010, Sheryl Sandberg gave an electrifying TEDTalk in which she described how women unintentionally hold themselves back in their careers. Her talk, which became a phenomenon and has been viewed more than two million times, encouraged women to “sit at the table,” seek challenges, take risks, and pursue their goals with gusto.” In Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, Sandberg digs deeper into these issues, combining personal anecdotes, hard data, and compelling research to cut through the layers of ambiguity and bias surrounding the lives and choices of working women.
Show Notes – Lean In with Guest Tara Dimick
- Tara Dimick is the owner of E2 Communications, Inc., a marketing, public relations, business development and fundraising company that she started in 2008. E2 Communications is the owner and publishing company of TK Business Magazine.
- Check out Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg from the library, or download the ebook or digital audiobook.
- Preview the discussion topics with the questions about Lean In from LitLovers and the reading guide from LeanIn.org
- Watch the #SharetheLoad laundry detergent commercial.
- See how other readers reacted to the book on Goodreads. Is this a 2 star or a 5 star book for you?
Add this to your reading list
Thanks for listening!
Interested in hearing more like this? Check out some of our other popular episodes including Books into Movies, Best Books of 2015, Kansas Notable Books, and interviews with regional authors including Angela Cervantes, James Young and Sandra Moran.
If you would like to be our next guest for You Made Me Read It! leave a comment or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.