Daniel Fogt thinks everyone should read The Martian by Andy Weir. Listen in on the discussion in this episode of HUSH to see if hosts Thad Hartman, Miranda Ericsson, and Lissa Staley agree.
You Made Me Read It! guests challenge the hosts with a book recommendation and — hopefully – listeners will decide to take a chance on a new book.
The story follows an American astronaut, Mark Watney, as he becomes stranded alone on Mars in the year 2035 and must use his knowledge as a a botanist and mechanical engineer to improvise in order to survive.
Show Notes – The Martian
- Check out The Martian by Andy Weir from the library, or download the ebook.
- Read other serialized and short fiction by Andy Weir or follow his Facebook.
- Preview the discussion topics with the questions about The Martian from LitLovers.
- If you want more science, read What If by Randall Munroe
- If you want more Mars fiction, read the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson
- If you want more Mars science, read about the Curiosity Rover on NASA’s website
- See how other readers reacted to the book on Goodreads. Is this a 2 star or a 5 star book for you?
Add this to your reading list
Coming up in three weeks, on the next episode of You Made Me Read It! – Matt Pettit recommends Preparation for the Next Life by Atticus Lish. Subscribe via iTunes or check back after May 24.
Thanks for listening!
Interested in hearing more like this? Check out some of our other popular episodes including Books into Movies, Best Books of 2015, Kansas Notable Books, and interviews with regional authors including Angela Cervantes, James Young and Sandra Moran.
If you would like to be our next guest for You Made Me Read It! leave a comment or email us email@example.com.