So, what *is* a beach read? Our hosts debate the definitions and give examples of what they think perfect beach reads would be. Their best conclusion is that a beach read is anything you would read at the beach (or a relaxing location you’d prefer to the beach). More specifically, whatever type of book is relaxing to you. Sometimes beach reads need to books you can put down and pick up repeatedly without interrupting the flow of the story.
We conclude with a robust list of books we’re looking forward to reading that mostly that come out this summer.
The next episode of The Bookmark drops April 26!
- Bookmark Podcast: Fabulous Debut Authors’ Books You Don’t Want to Miss
- Bookmark Podcast: Librarians Select Just the Right Books for You
- Bookmark Podcast: Uncover Top Beach Reads for Summer 2021
- Bookmark Podcast: What We Love & Hate About Books Becoming Movies
- Bookmark Podcast: Selecting Books Based Just on the Book Blurb
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.