In the February-March edition of Library News, we recruited some of our heaviest Hoopla and OverDrive users to reveal what it’s like to be obsessed. Unlike other, unhealthy obsessions, to be afflicted with book obsession is actually a desirable condition. Check this out:
- Reading improves brain function.
- It reduces stress.
- It makes you more attractive to a potential mate. Really.
So, in Library News this time around we’re talking to Andrea, Rob and Russ, three of the digital-book-obsessed who live among us, going about their seemingly normal lives. However, those lives are chock-full of digital books. That’s one of the many benefits of consuming your reading from our digital library – your books weigh very little and take up virtually no space whatsoever. So no one can really tell how very book-obsessed you are.
Here are some more stories you’ll find in this issue:
- Fierce girls in YA fiction
- 3 love lessons you can steal from books
- A romp into the history of the site of the future Cyrus Hotel
- How the library is becoming a gamer paradise for teens
Go ahead, read it in its handy digital version below. See, we knew you would be a convert to digital reading, you’re already on your way!