COVID-19 Telephone Resources
- Shawnee County General Questions and Rumor Control 1-785-251-4848
- Shawnee County Mental Health Crisis Line Valeo (ages 18+) Open 24/7 1-785-234-3300
- Shawnee County Mental Health Crisis Line FSGC (17 & under) Open 24/7 1-785-232-5005
- United Way 211 – Dial 211 from any phone to speak with a referral specialist 24 hours a day about COVID-19 or any other service needs you may have. Available in English and Spanish. 211
- Shawnee County Health Department COVID-19 Information frequently updated including public documents from the Health Department about Re-Opening Shawnee County and the weekly update from the Health Department.
- Shawnee County Health Department COVID-19 Dashboard (desktop) (mobile)
- Stormont Vail Health COVID-19 News and Information updated Tuesdays and Thursdays, including COVID-19 hospitalization data and ICU/ventilator use.
- Shawnee County COVID-19 Updates Facebook page This is the official Facebook page for COVID-19 updates in Topeka and Shawnee County, Kansas. This page is being managed by local private and public health organizations, public safety agencies and government agencies.
- SNCO COVID-19 Rumor Control Task Force Rumors and misinformation can be destructive and can even cause harmful behaviors that increase personal and public health risks. This page fact-checks local Shawnee County rumors and cites sources for accurate information.
- Kansas COVID-19 Response and Recovery: Your source for community, family, mental, financial, & economic health.
- KDHE Coronavirus COVID-19 Response from Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- KDHE COVID-19 Dashboard summarizing confirmed cases, total tested, total deaths and demographic breakdowns. Use the map for county level data, including Shawnee County.
- CDC COVID-19 Information
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades Recursos para COVID-19 / Spanish Language CDC Resources for COVID-19
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU) includes interactive data map. Select a country for more detailed breakdown of data, including United States.
Resources for Food and Assistance
United Way Resources – Dial 211 from any phone to speak with a referral specialist 24 hours a day about COVID-19 or any other service needs you may have. Available in English and Spanish.
Community Resources Council updated local resources list for COVID-19 emerging needs
Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging coordinates services for older adults.
Food Assistance Resources
Food Banks / Pantries / Meals in Topeka- Updated for June 2020
Banco de Comida / Despensa / Comida en Topeka – JUNIO 2020
compiled by City of Topeka, Dept. of Neighborhood Relations
Need help finding food resources in Shawnee County? Here is a map of local food pantries, summer feeding sites and food giveaways. Enter your address to find resources nearby. Created and updated by Shawnee County K-State Research and Extension.
United Way Volunteer (many organizations listing opportunities)
Online Newspaper Access with your library card
Local Jobs Available Now Explore Shawnee County region employers that are hiring now, updated for COVID-19, including filing unemployment and resume help
Legal Resources *some services may have limited availability during COVID-19
Tax Forms & Assistance (updated for COVID-19)
Kansas (Financial Assistance and Guidance)
National Small Business Administration (Loan Resources and Guidance)
Disaster Loan Applications