Miranda’s Theme: Square Pegs
Ever feel like you don’t quite belong? Sometimes you’re expected to be part of a culture by default and you can’t help but just be a square peg in a round hole. That culture can be related to the country you are from, a team you are a part of, the friends you choose, or your school.
According to Chris, the phrase “square peg, round hole” was coined by Sydney Smith, who is also rumored to be the inspiration of the love interest in Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. According to Miranda, Northanger Abbey is the square peg of Austen works.
Discover more about all these books, plus the honorable mentions, by tuning into this week’s episode.
The Bookmark is your book recommendation podcast. Our fun hosts are avid readers who’ve surely got something you’ll like!
Find the books mentioned in this podcast in this booklist:
The next episode of The Bookmark drops October 19 with the theme As Good As Gold!
- Bookmark Podcast: Fresh New Summer Books to Add to Your Must Read List
- Bookmark Podcast – It’s Time to Choose a Book by the Cover
- Bookmark Podcast: Get To Know Your Friends with 23 Questions About Books
- Bookmark Podcast: Fabulous Debut Authors’ Books You Don’t Want to Miss
- Bookmark Podcast: Librarians Select Just the Right Books for You
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.