Ever find yourself just not liking a book? Sometimes you hate a characters, hate the plot, hate some other aspect of the book. Sometimes it is because the book just fell flat. It did not live up to your expectations. Turns out that’s okay.
Our hosts take turns sharing titles that either they hated or fell flat for them. They admit sometimes they would still recommend said titles to other readers. Sometimes a book isn’t meant for a specific reader or a specific person. Sometimes you need to make the book fit.
We find out that Chris will call characters out on being too whiny. Miranda will let it be known when an author just doesn’t make the right choice for the book. Autumn has the expectation that the circumstances of the novel will be believable. Find out about these books and more this week by listening in!
Find the books mentioned in this podcast:
The next episode of The Bookmark drops March 15!
- Bookmark Podcast: Selecting Books Based Just on the Book Blurb
- Bookmark Podcast: Find Amazing Books – We’re Free Associating!
- Bookmark Podcast: You Might Miss Remarkable Reads If You Stick To One Genre
- Bookmark Podcast: The Greatest Reading Recommendations from Our Teens
- S2 E26: Books That Fell Flat
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.