Michelle Stottlemire thinks everyone should read Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology by Eric Brende. Listen in on the discussion in this episode of HUSH to see if hosts Thad Hartman and Lissa Staley agree.
In this new series of You Made Me Read It! episodes, each podcast guest challenges the hosts with a book recommendation and – hopefully – everyone discovers great new reads.
What is the least we need to achieve the most? With this question in mind, MIT graduate Eric Brende flipped the switch on technology. He and his wife, Mary, ditched their car, electric stove, refrigerator, running water, and everything else motorized or “hooked to the grid,” and spent eighteen months living in a remote community so primitive in its technology that even the Amish consider it antiquated.
Show Notes – Better Off
- Check out book Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology by Eric Brende from the library.
- Find more books from the library on simplicity or the social aspects of technology.
- Read Michelle’s adventures with World War II rationing at Rational Living, including the description of the one year experimental household project.
- Preview the discussion topics with the questions about Better Off from the publisher.
- See how other readers reacted to the book on Goodreads. Is this a 2 star or a 5 star book for you?
Add this to your reading list
Thanks for listening!
If you would like to be our next guest for You Made Me Read It! leave a comment or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.