Learn what to check out next! We talk about new books, bestsellers, books, movies and music in many different genres.
In this episode, Miranda Ericsson shares recommended outstanding titles by Kansas authors or about Kansas. Hear about Kansas writers and find your next great read! From cookbooks and landscape photography to poetry, fiction and memoir, the Kansas Notable Books mentioned in this podcast will enlighten and entertain!
Check out these books from our library which Miranda mentions from the Kansas Notable Books award winner lists:
- The Yard by Alex Grecian
- The Black Country by Alex Grecian
- Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
- Needle in the Bone by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg
- Worth the Pain: How Meningitis Nearly Killed Me – Then Changed My Life for the Better by Andy Marso
- Echoes from the Prairie: A Collection of Short Memoirs edited by Nicole Muchmore
- Ordinary Genius by Thomas Fox Averill
- rode by Thomas Fox Averill
- The Moon Butter Route by Max Yoho
- The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
- The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty
- Teatime to Tailgates: 150 Years at the K-State Table by Jane P. Marshall
- Biting through the Skin: An Indian Kitchen in America’s Heartland by Nina Mukerjee Furstenau
- Kansas Murals: A Traveler’s Guide by Lora Jost and Dave Loewenstein
- The Nature of Kansas Lands edited by Beverly Worster
- The Dust Bowl: An Illustrated History by Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns
- Artfully Done Across Generations edited by RoxAnn Banks Dicker
- Storm Chaser: A Photographer’s Journey by Jim Reed
- This Ecstasy They Call Damnation by Israel Wasserstein
- Afterlives of Trees by Wyatt Townley
- Not Afraid of Dogs by Susanna Pitzer
Thanks for listening!
Have a suggestion? Want to be our next guest? Leave a comment or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.