- Currently, customers with a valid library card may use computers in the library for up to 2 hours each day.
- Computers are also available at these Topeka area Community Centers. Please call the community center for current open hours.
- Log onto a computer with your library card barcode and PIN number (your PIN is a 4 digit number. Forgot your PIN?). The computer keeps track of time for you.
- All residents within our reciprocal borrowing area are encouraged to apply for a TSCPL library card. Visitors to our library who are not eligible for a library card may obtain a guest pass at any service desk to access the computers for 1 hour. Guest passes are issued on an individual, daily basis.
- Library cards are not transferable; each customer must use their own library card to access the computer.
- Public computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Public computers are running Windows 10. Software includes Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge and Chrome for web browsing, Windows Photo Viewer for photo viewing, and Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint).
- Catalog-only computers for searching for library materials are available throughout the library.
- For more information, please read the library’s computer use policy.
- Faxing is provided free of charge for local, toll free, and long distance numbers.
- Customers must wait for the confirmation page as a receipt.
- The library is not able to receive faxes for customers.
Scan letters, articles and photographs using our document scanners.
Printing and Photocopies
- Currently, you can print up to 25 black and white pages for free. Additional black and white prints can be purchased for $0.10 per page.
- Wireless printing from your laptop or mobile device is available at the library with our SmartALEC wireless printing service.
- Black and white copies are $0.10 per page. Color copies are $0.50 per page.
- USB flash drives can be used with public computers.
- 3.5 inch floppy disks are supported; please ask to borrow a USB external floppy disk drive from the Service Desk.
- Speakers are not provided on public computers. Customers may bring their own headphones. .
Wireless Internet Access
- The library provides wireless internet access to everyone during library hours.
- When you are at the library locate “TSCPL-Public” in your Wi-Fi network listing on your laptop computer, tablet or phone. Click or tap the the “I Accept” button to connect to the Wi-Fi network. If you have questions, staff will be able to help on a limited basis.