May is Jewish American Heritage Month. Are you just getting started with research on your Jewish heritage research? Have you received DNA results that include Jewish ancestry? If you answered yes to either question, there are databases and resources to help you research your family online.
Jewish research tools
Top Jewish genealogy resources
- Israel Genealogy Research Association The Israel Genealogy Research Association (IGRA) is the largest genealogy society in Israel. IGRA works with dozens of archives to make records available online.
- Jewish Genealogy Research Family Search The library is an affiliate site for Family Search microfilm. You can now search the catalog, find microfilm or microfiche and have it sent to our library for you to view. Family Search Catalog (Library Card Not Required)
- Jewish Genealogy Research Outline Use this downloadable outline to help you learn more about Jewish research.
- Jewish Genealogy with the Museum of Jewish Heritage Serves as the global home for Jewish genealogy. Featuring unparalleled access to millions of records, it offers unique search tools, along with opportunities for researchers to connect with others who share similar interests.
More helpful resources
- Jewish Resources from the Foundation for East European Family History Studies
- Roots to Routes Foundation A Genealogical and Family History guide to Jewish and civil records in Eastern Europe.
- The World Holocaust Remembrance Center, is the ultimate source for Holocaust education, documentation and research.
- Identity Quest 2020 Getting Started with Jewish Genealogy – W. Todd Knowles