Reading Around the World in 2018
Every three weeks in 2018, join librarian hosts Thad Hartman, Lissa Staley, and Miranda Ericsson with special guests from the library and community. Listeners are encourage to read along throughout 2018 and participate in Reading Around the World and 2Book Topeka.
- Reading Around the World episodes feature recommendations for books from a region to help listeners explore reading selections from locations around the United States and the world.
- Special ” 2Book Topeka Book Club” episodes will discuss books from the library’s community reading program.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions for future topics please comment on our blog posts or send us an email at email@example.com.
HUSH Upcoming Episodes
- January 16, 2018 – Reading Around the World: The Midwest United States. We are starting close to home with this new reading challenge and bringing in a favorite guest, Professor Thomas Fox Averill, to share his Midwest favorites and other reading recommendations.
- February 6, 2018 – 2Book Topeka Book Club: Ready Players One by Ernest Cline
- February 27, 2018 – Reading Around the World: Mexico and Canada
- March 20, 2018 – 2Book Topeka Book Club: Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein
Reading Bingo 2017
Listen in when Nicole, Meg and Michelle join Miranda, Lissa and Thad for an enthusiastic book discussion of Ready Player One.
Thomas Fox Averill shares recommendations for novels, memoirs and poetry set in Kansas and throughout the Midwest.
Listen as librarian readers recommend their favorite books of 2017. Find out if your favorites made one of the lists.
Hear about the joy of reading or rereading a classic and recommendations to help you find a pick for the “A Classic” Reading Bingo square.
Listen to a discussion of the 2Book Topeka book The Alienist by Caleb Carr with librarians Kelli Smith and Betty Jean Neal.
Author Jay Asher chats with librarians about his bestselling book “13 Reasons Why” and using fiction to discuss uncomfortable topics.