Summer Reading | May 22 – Aug 15
Take the challenge – Read at least 12 hours in 12 weeks. Those who do, win a prize!
Easy to sign up to track your time
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten is for kids under 5 years old
- Kindergarten – Adults read and track a minimum of 12 hours to win prize.
Easy to choose books
- Skim booklists here or in the catalog. In the search change “keyword” to “lists” and type in “tscpl summer 2021.”
- Subscribe to Browsing Just for You
- Visit the Story Walks at 5 Shawnee County Parks & Recreation locations
Easy ways to get your books
- Checkout while at the library (don’t miss the Rainforest Adventure Maze)
- Select Curbside Pickup or TSCPL@Home for pick up or delivery
- Bookmobiles will be open June 1
- Download ebooks, audiobooks, graphic novels from tscpl.org
- Visit the library or bookmobiles. Bookmobiles will be out on the road starting June 1.
What is a Rainforest? Spot the jaguar! Why are spiders important? Plus 9 more bags that provide hours of engaging entertainment as you discover more about this tropical jungle. Pick up a new Adventure Bag each week at the library! While supplies last.
Rainforest Adventure Maze | May 22 – Aug 15
20th annual art exhibit for children is made possible in part by The Library Foundation through contributions from the Sabatini Family Foundation and The National Endowment for the Humanities: Democracy demands wisdom.
Kids and families can climb the maze of dense layers of the rainforest and discover critters who swing through the forest as you race down the paths that may bring you face to face with images of a colorful Toucans or Spider Monkeys.
The Rainforest Adventure is gigantic maze covering 2,000 square feet in the library’s Alice C. Sabatini Gallery.
It’s geared toward elementary school children but it is also a great family activity that adults will enjoy.
To manage attendance and promote physical distancing, there are a few important things you need to know before you visit. Reserve your visit time to guarantee no-waiting lines. Reservations are perfect for groups who want to explore together. Drop-ins are also welcome because Rainforest Adventure is open all the hours the library is open, 9am – 9pm Mon-Fri; Sat 9am -6pm; and Sun noon – 9pm.