2020 Tax Season Update from the IRS:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tax Relief
- Economic Impact Payments (Stimulus): What you need to know
- Tax deadline changed: The deadline to file and pay federal income tax is extended to July 15, 2020.
- Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is not available at this time. Please look for help on IRS.gov.
- Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs) closed: The IRS has stopped all face-to-face service nationwide until further notice.
We continue to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers with available staff. Consider using IRS Free File to file your return. Filing electronically along with Direct Deposit is the fastest and most secure way to get your refund.
We have the basic IRS form 1040 and instruction books available at the library.
The Kansas K-40, Schedule S and K-40H (homestead claim) forms are also available at our tax form table.
Patrons are welcome to come into the building anytime the library is open and pick up these forms.
Additional federal tax forms, instruction booklets and supplemental forms are available online at www.irs.gov
(Updated July 8, 2020)
Free Tax Help
UPDATE: Due to Covid-19, all face to face tax assistance programs are suspended at this time.
Local IRS Office: (785) 235-3053, 120 SE 6th Ave, 8:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fri.
- File Online: Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free
- Forms: www.ksrevenue.org
- File Online for Free: Electronic Filing Options for Individual Income and Business Taxes
- Email tax questions to: email@example.com
Note: K-40 forms printed from the internet are NOT ACCEPTABLE for filing purposes.
Other Helpful Resources
While you’re at the library picking up your tax forms, take note that we also have forms many library customers are looking for this time of year that are not a tax forms: