Register to Vote
July 13, 2021 is the last day to register to vote in the August 3, 2021 Primary Election in Shawnee County.
See the Shawnee County Elections Office’s 2021 Election Calendar to view information regarding deadlines, dates and times for upcoming elections.
Additional information is available on the Shawnee County Election Office website and voters who require assistance may call the Election Office at (785) 251-5900.
Check your registration status or find your polling place at Voter View from the Kansas Secretary of State.
- Enter your name and date of birth
- Review your polling place
- See your voting history in Kansas
Resources for Information about Candidates & Issues
- It is important to be informed about the candidates and issues on your ballot so you can cast an informed vote.
- To find your sample ballot, check with the Shawnee County Election Office or visit myinfo.voteks.org
- Learn more about candidates and issues using information from:
- non-partisan voter education websites like Vote411, BallotReady
- local news sources like your local newspapers, local news websites, public radio stations and TV news providers
- voting guides and endorsements from political, news or social groups you support
- directly from the candidates through candidate forums, candidate interviews and candidate websites.
Advance Voting Information
- In Shawnee County, with Advance Voting, any registered voter can vote by mail or in person before Election Day.
- To download an advance mail voting application or learn more, visit the Shawnee County Election Office advance voting information page. Check the status of your Advanced Ballot at Voter View from the Kansas Secretary of State.
Election Day Polling Information
- Use VoterView to find your polling place. Polls are open 7am – 7pm.
- Bring photo ID. Kansas requires voters to show photographic identification when casting a vote in person. The Kansas Secretary of State’s office provides information about what are acceptable forms of identification. If you do not have photo ID, request one by filling out this form (PDF).
- Kansas law provides for a leave allowance for employees to vote. The specific details can be found in K.S.A. 25-418
- Learn more from the Kansas Secretary of State’s Election Division website or by phone at 800-262-VOTE(8683).
If you are not a Shawnee County resident, contact the Election Office of the county in which you live for your accurate local election information.