Save the date! On October 11 at 10:00 am, we welcome poet, storyteller, and animal-lover Angela Cervantes, author of Gaby, Lost and Found, to share the obstacles and joys involved in creating a story as well as the heartbreak and hope experienced by her main character, Gaby. After her talk, Cervantes will be available to sign books, which will be available for purchase at the event.
- Angela was born and raised in Topeka, Kansas
- Angela was editor-in-chief of her high school paper, The Highland Park Bagpiper
- Angela is an English major (University of Kansas)
- Angela is the third of four children in her family
- Angela lived in Guadalajara, Mexico for two years teaching English and literature
The event will also feature a viewing of a kid-friendly portion of the film Girl Rising and an opportunity to respond to the story of Wadley, whose sheer determination is vital in her opportunity to get an education.
This event is part of the International Day of the Girl Fair & Forum. We look forward to seeing you there!