Welcome to tax season! The library has some resources that can help with your tax preparation.
Forms and Instructions
- 1040 | NOTE: The IRS has revised the 1040 form and will no longer offer the 1040 A or 1040 EZ form. All taxpayers will use the 1040 form – read more here.
- 1040 Instruction Booklets
- 1099-MISC (limited quantities)
- 1099 instructions
Visit www.irs.gov to download, print or order any other federal tax form you need.
- K-40 Form
- Kansas Schedule S
- K-40H – Homestead Claim Form
These forms are all 25 cents each and can be purchased at the customer service desk. The library purchases these forms from the State of Kansas and the charge is to cover our costs.
The instruction booklet for the Kansas tax forms can be printed from this page.
Volunteer Income Tax Preparation Assistance
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is available at the library Feb 4 through April 14 during the 2020 tax season.
Hours: Tuesdays 6-8:30pm | Thursdays 9am-8:30pm. Sign up at the library to reserve a spot starting at 7:30am Tuesdays or Thursdays.
- There are many other locations in Topeka that offer free tax assistance.
Check out our tax information page to learn more about local offices, filing online and economic assistance forms.