Use the library collections and resources to make healthy choices everyday. Check out book on physical activity, nutrition and more!
View complete list
In Kansas, 55% of adults 18 years old and older have been diagnosed with one or more chronic conditions like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease or lung disease. Treating and preventing health conditions helps you learn new ways to live your best life.
Whatever motivates you to make health choices, the library has resources to support you!
- Browse the health bags by topic. Each bag includes several recommended books to help you learn more about the topic. We have health bags on 25 different topics including ADHD, pregnancy, hypertension, diabetes, sleep disorders and anxiety.
- Try a kettle bell, weighted ball or resistance band before you buy one, or change up your exercise routine by checking out a fitness kit.
Health Information Neighborhood Alcove
- Monitor your blood pressure, weight and BMI using our digital scale and the Life Clinic Health Station presented by Stormont Vail Health. Knowing your personal health measurements is a starting place to take control of your health and it’s a great way to monitor your progress. The alcove, located in the East Wing near the collaborative work spaces, also has a wide range of brochures about making healthy choices.
Make Healthy Choices
- Prioritize Life’s Simple 7 from the American Heart Association
- KanQuit offers free help quitting tobacco use
- Explore ChooseMyPlate because everything you eat and drink matters to your health.
- KidsHealth.Org from the Nemours Foundation offers content for parents, kids, teens and educators.