Libby is OverDrive’s app that makes downloading ebooks and audiobooks super easy. Download Libby from the App Store, Google Play or Microsoft, have your library card handy and start reading right away.
OverDrive also has their classic ebook and audiobook download service you can use from your computer, dedicated ereader, tablet, smart phone or other devices.
OverDrive/Libby Information & Instructions
- Ebooks check out for 7, 14, or 21 days. You can change your default checkout period.
- Users can have 12 ebooks check out at one time. Ebooks can be returned early if needed.
- Users will never receive late fees—the files automatically stop working at the end of their checkout period, and/or the user can simply delete them at or before the end of the checkout period.
- Ebooks can only be checked out to one person at a time. Therefore some items may be unavailable and users will need to place a hold.
Libby Ebooks & Audiobooks Instructions
iPhone, iPad, Android Smart Phone, Android Tablet, Kindle Fire, other App based devices Instructions
ebook User Guide | Help?
Get OverDrive’s Libby app for:
PC or Mac | iPhone or iPad | Android | Kindle Fire
OverDrive works on almost any computer or device.
Help? | View Compatible ebook Devices
Need to transfer library ebooks to an ereader using Adobe Digital Editions? Reserve a workstation in the Digital Art Studio to access Adobe Digital Editions.
The library offers a great selection of ebooks, audiobooks, movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries and music on your browser, smartphone or tablet via Hoopla Digital. Whether you’re looking for a box office hit or a classic, there is sure to be something you’ll enjoy again and again.
Get Ebooks from Hoopla
Hoopla Information & Instructions
Instantly borrow digital movies, TV, music, eBooks and more with your library card.
Enjoy movies, TV shows, music, eBooks, audiobooks, comics and graphic novels which you can view or listen to in your browser, smartphone or tablet via Hoopla Digital.
- Hoopla allows you to view or listen to content using your computer’s browser or to your smartphone or devices using the Hoopla Digital app for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire (not all Kindle devices are supported).
- Hoopla lets you borrow up to 15 items per month.
- All titles are always available—no waiting!
- Items automatically disappear from your account after the checkout period—no late fees!
Step 1: Go to Hoopla Digital
tscpl.org/hoopla or, directly at www.hoopladigital.com
Step 2: Create an Account
- Click Log In, then Sign Up Now
- Click the Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library button.
- Enter your email address, choose a password, and enter your library card number.
- Click the Sign Up Now button
Step 3: Find Content
- You can search for content using the search box or click one of the Browse All links.
- Within a format, you can also browse by Featured, Popular, Genres or Collections
Step 4: Borrow
- Select an item and then click on the Borrow button.
- Click Play to stream the content. If you are using the Hoopla app, you can optionally download the title to your mobile device.
BookFlix – Listen and read storybooks, e-books, videos, games, and more for grades pre-K through 3.