Welcome to our 100th episode of The Bookmark and our season finale! This week we’re playing Bookish Balderdash with guest star Debbie Stanton. Debbie is a supervisor in Public Services and a nonfiction addict. Here are the rules of the game:
- One person (the “Dasher”) reads the synopsis of a book.
- The other players make-up a first line for the book.
- After all players have submitted their first line to the Dasher, the Dasher mixes them up and adds the slip of paper with the real first line.
- The Dasher reads the first lines out loud to the other players.
- Each player picks which first line they think is the real one.
- The Dasher reveals the real first line of the book.
Here’s how we score:
- 1 point for every vote you answer earned.
- 2 points for correctly guessing the REAL answer.
- 3 points to the DASHER if no players guess the real answer.
- 3 points to any player who writes an answer very similar to the real answer.
- As a bluffing trick you can vote for your own bluff, but you will not earn a point for this vote.
It was a fun game and Debbie won with 9 points!
Sign up for our Summer Reading Challenge. Just read 12 hours in June and July to win a voucher for a delicious bakery item from the Millennium Café.
Books we discussed in this episode
The new season of The Bookmark drops this fall!
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.