Here are Miranda’s reasons for re-reading a book:
- You need something to make you feel a specific way
- The book is complex enough you can get something new out of it
- You’re in a reading slump
This episode we find out that neither Autumn nor Chris are re-readers! However, all three hosts have no shortage of places to find lists of books for first-time (and maybe second, third … eighth time reads).
Chris looks at the Booker Press list every October for the 13 books eligible for the Booker Award. He and Autumn both look at the most anticipated books list by The Millions. Autumn is a member of NetGalley, which allows her access to those advanced reader copies she so loves. She also reads subReddit lists for recommendations. Another cool way to get books sent to you for free is to judge a competition, which Autumn and Miranda both do. Miranda and Autumn also recommend celebrity book clubs. The one place all three hosts recommend is Book Page, a monthly book guide available FREE from the library!
Find the books mentioned in this podcast:
The next episode of The Bookmark drops Feb 22!
- Bookmark Podcast: Fabulous Debut Authors’ Books You Don’t Want to Miss
- Bookmark Podcast: Librarians Select Just the Right Books for You
- Bookmark Podcast: Uncover Top Beach Reads for Summer 2021
- Bookmark Podcast: What We Love & Hate About Books Becoming Movies
- Bookmark Podcast: Selecting Books Based Just on the Book Blurb
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.