History is happening right now. Help us tell the story.
The world shut down in March 2020 and will never be quite the same. Please share your symbols and stories of 2020 to show how COVID-19 impacted and continues to impact Topeka and Shawnee County. Shared items will be part of A Moment in Time: Our Local Responses to a Global Crisis, which will be on display Oct 9 – Nov 29, 2020, in the newly renovated Alice C. Sabatini Gallery. Please submit objects, images and stories by Sept 10, 2020.
Be Part of Local History
A Moment in Time: Our Local Responses to a Global Crisis will focus on the following categories:
- Isolated Connections (images of Zoom meetings, journals, handwritten letters)
- Where did you get that mask? (accessories for a global pandemic)
- Then and Now 1918 vs 2020
- Until Further Notice (a look at closures of business/schools/restaurants/etc.)
- Get off the Bench (Social Justice/Black Lives Matter)
All items submitted will be considered for the exhibit and considered for our permanent Local History Archives.