The only supply you need for your first origami project is a square piece of paper.
Start with these projects that customers made at a recent library program:
- Origami Box Instructions
- Origami Pine Tree Instructions
- Origami Star Instructions
- Origami Crane Insructions
- More Christmas Origami instructions
Check out origami books from the library’s collection for more ideas. Browse at call number 736.982 in the adult non-fiction or Kids Library, or request them at http://catalog.tscpl.org.
- Making origami Christmas decorations: step by step by Michael G. Lafosse
- Origami for Christmas by Chiyo Araki
- Origami holiday decorations: for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa by Florence Temko
- Origami ornaments: the ultimate kusudama book by Lew Rozelle
- Minigami: mini origami projects for cards, gifts and decorations by Gay Merrill Gross
- Paper creations, cards and gifts by Steve Biddle
Make your own Origami Gift Card holder
Use any kind of paper, including scrapbook paper, magazine pages or origami paper.
For a gift card holder, use a 9” square. Print instructions for the origami gift card holder (2 page PDF).