The Friends of the library has an online Amazon book store where they sell mostly limited edition, collectible, autographed or high value books.
Attend book sales, get great titles for your home library and support the public library you love at the same time. Since 1971, the Friends have been able to gift more than $1.9 million in funds to the library. A significant portion of those funds come from Friends book sales.
2020 Book & Media Sales
Buy books, music and movies from the Friends of the Library. All books have been donated since our last sale. Cash and credit cards accepted. Friday night is for members only (memberships sold at the door). Saturday is free admission. Bring your own tote bags. Sunday is the bag sale – fill a grocery sack (provided) for $10. Marvin Auditorium
Spring Book Sale – Cancelled. The library is closed March 16-29 to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Mark your calendar for future sales and watch for more details.
- July 17-19, 2020
- October 16-18, 2020
- Hardback books and most paperbacks – $2
- Record albums, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, sheet music – $1
- 45 rpm records – $.50 or 3/$1
- Small paperbacks (only where marked) – 2/$1
- Children’s books – 4/$1
Book & Media Sale Sponsors
Sponsorship is available to individuals, groups and businesses. Any amount donated to help cover the costs of book and media sales is greatly appreciated. Any donation made to the Friends of the Library is tax deductible.
- Tom Muth
- Topeka Smiles
- Dr. David G. Woods
- Dr. Ted Yungclas
Would you like to be part of the Book and Media Sales?
It takes many volunteers to put on the Book & Media Sales.
- Sorters are needed all year to sort and box donated items for the sales. This work is available weekdays, weekends and evenings for how ever much time you would like to donate.
- Many volunteers are needed at the sale to assist customers, restock the tables, assist with the check out process and various other things.
- Volunteers are needed to help clean up when the sale is over. Bring your gloves and come in comfortable clothes and be ready to move items out.
To discuss any of these volunteer opportunities, please contact the library’s Volunteer Coordinator. Find out what “perks” volunteers receive for their help.