We’re wrapping up spooky season with strong themes in horror, specifically moms and houses. Chris submits for contemplation that “the mom is the first house.” If that doesn’t creep you out, keep listening. Our hosts supply a sizeable list of chilling books that have both moms and houses. We even get in references to Christina Lauren and Mary Toft.
If you’re looking for books that’ll still given you the supreme chills, but you wanna know there will be something like a “last girl,” we suggest you check out young adult fiction.
Books we discussed in this episode
The next episode of The Bookmark drops Nov 6, 2023!
- The Bookmark S5E11: The Booker Award
- The Bookmark S5E10: What sub-genre should you read next?
- The Bookmark S5E9: Cozy fantasy & other fall cozies
- The Bookmark S5E8: Moms & houses in horror
- The Bookmark S5E7: Southern gothic
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.