Download MP3 Subscribe via iTunes Subscribe via RSS
Welcome to this year’s season finale (Part 2 of 2). As a refresher, here are the rules of Bookish Balderdash:
- One person (the “Dasher”) reads the synopsis of a book.
- The other players make-up a first line for the book.
- After all players have submitted their first line to the Dasher, the Dasher mixes them up and adds the slip of paper with the real first line.
- The Dasher reads the first lines out loud to the other players.
- Each player picks which first line they think is the real one.
- The Dasher reveals the real first line of the book.
Here’s how we score:
- 1 point for every vote you answer earned.
- 2 points for correctly guessing the REAL answer.
- 3 points to the DASHER if no players guess the real answer.
- 3 points to any player who writes an answer very similar to the real answer.
- As a bluffing trick you can vote for your own bluff, but you will not earn a point for this vote.
In an unexpected turn, we had a tie between Chris and Autumn. We had to do 2 tie-breakers. Autumn is our official winner! Thank you, Debbie Stanton for guest starring.
Books we discussed in this episode
The next season of The Bookmark drops this fall!
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.