We’ve noticed some pretty popular authors’ names on screenplays and we’re not just talking authors who adapt their own books into screenplays. What’s the appeal of also writing screenplays? Is it a bigger paycheck? These are just some of our speculations as we discuss this preoccupation that became big in the 1930s and 1940s. Authors of that time, such as William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald and John Steinbeck wrote screenplays. Listen on to hear about favorite modern writers who have also taken up the pen in this fashion.
Books we discussed in this episode
The next episode of The Bookmark drops April 3, 2023!
- The Bookmark S5E3: The Year of Second Chances
- The Bookmark S5E2: Adaptations
- The Bookmark S5E1: Excellent summer reads
- The Bookmark S4E35: Bookish Balderdash (Part 2)
- Bookmark S4E34: Bookish Balderdash (Part 1)
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.