There is so much to discuss related to books made into movies or TV shows! In this episode, our hosts talk about which movie and TV adaptations of books work and which ones just don’t. According to Chris, the book with the most adaptions is Dracula by Bram Stoker.
We discuss how adaptions that are too close to the book tend to bore us because they don’t add anything. Some adaptions are so different we feel like it is unfair to compare them to the book. Sometimes it is not the adaption that is different, but the title that changes between book and the screen.
The cast can be what really makes the adaption or the only thing that saves it. This part of the conversation gives Chris an opportunity to bring Winona Ryder into it.
We also ask the question: Are novels written as adaptions to movies or TV shows legitimate?
Find the books mentioned in this podcast:
The next episode of The Bookmark drops April 19!
- Bookmark Podcast: Fabulous Debut Authors’ Books You Don’t Want to Miss
- Bookmark Podcast: Librarians Select Just the Right Books for You
- Bookmark Podcast: Uncover Top Beach Reads for Summer 2021
- Bookmark Podcast: What We Love & Hate About Books Becoming Movies
- Bookmark Podcast: Selecting Books Based Just on the Book Blurb
Meet your Hosts
Autumn Friedli, Chris Blocker and Miranda Ericsson relish talking books with recurring readers and special guests from the library and community in The Bookmark.
Thanks for listening! We love to hear from listeners.