One-on-one Tech Support
Gadget and ebook appointments
To help people use technology better we offer one-on-one technology appointments every week. People can sign up for individual help in-person, by Zoom or over the phone. Here are some examples of the help we've provided:
- Helped a couple who came in with an older laptop move photos off their phone and onto their computer to free up space on their phone.
- Helped a person using Facebook Marketplace learn how to navigate better and organize the groups she sells and trades plants on.
- Helped someone learn how to use Zoom on their iPad so they could attend a community meeting as part of their job.
- Helped a gentleman learn how to navigate Excel when he took over organizing meetings and membership for his non-profit group.
Level 2 Tech Center
We also offer individual tech help as needed in the Level 2 Tech Center. Here are some examples of help we've provided:
- A Ukrainian woman and her young son coming in to print a PDF of a Kansas DMV handbook in Russian. We used Google translate to communicate with each other.
- A retired lady used the recording studios to record herself promoting a comedy routine for various retirement homes and organizations in town.
- We helped a retired couple from Mexico apply for
a marriage license.