Everyone knows planning a wedding is hard. It can be expensive and time consuming, but there is also a lot you can do yourself to make it more affordable and enjoyable.
Here are some tips if you are looking for affordable ways to make your wedding your own:
- Ask for help! Ask friends and family for input or advice, or a little help making whatever you decide to do.
- Create playlists of your own instead of hiring a DJ or band. Just make sure you put someone in charge of monitoring it, or stopping or starting it for speeches or for other events of the night.
- Check out Pinterest for ideas and guides on how to make bouquets, table center pieces and other decorations. There are also a number of wedding websites, Youtube videos, and books that show you how to create these. Check out the book list below for my recommendations
- Visit craft stores and thrift stores for inexpensive dining sets, dresses or decorations.
- Think outside the box! The DIY elements of your wedding can only be limited by your imagination. Anything from jewelry to bowties, to invitations or signage can be created on a limited budget.
- Give yourself time to shop, compare and create! Create a timeline or a schedule for finding and creating the things you want.
For some additional advice and resources for finding the right DIY decorations, foods, or whatever else you can think of, you can try these sites Inspiring pretty, Wedding party, The Knot and the booklist below.
Remember that you and your partner can design whatever kind of wedding you want. Listen to advice that others give you with an open mind, but don’t try to please everyone else. No matter what, a day spent with loved ones, built on some hard work will be beautiful.