While the library is closed to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Test Proctoring is temporarily unavailable.
The library will proctor written, emailed or online exams. There is no charge for this service.
The student must:
- Submit requests a minimum of 7 days before any test is to be proctored.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the exam and other required materials are sent to the proctor from the learning institution before arriving to take the test.
- Be on time for testing appointments and must notify the proctor if that is not possible.
- Bring all supplies needed (e.g., scratch paper, calculator, pen, pencil) to complete the test.
- Provide current photo ID at the time of testing.
- Complete exams 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Will contact the student to schedule exams following the receipt of requests submitted through the link below.
- Will not enter their personal information (e.g., SSN, home phone or address) on proctor forms aside from their name and job title.
- Is not responsible for contacting the learning institution to get exam materials or proctor forms.
- Will not sit with the student for the length of the exam, but will otherwise enforce rules set forth in exam materials by the school and the instructor.
- Will return proctor forms and completed exam materials directly to the school or instructor when asked to do so.
In the case of written exams requiring the use of regular U.S. postal service, the student is required to bring a stamped, addressed envelope to mail exams. The library will mail the test in the following day’s mail. Once the test is mailed, the library is not responsible for receipt of the exam by the learning institution. Any UPS or FedEx envelopes are the responsibility of the student to send.