Summer Adventuremobile Service
The library’s Adventuremobile is a mobile kids library. Between May 28 & August 2 the Adventuremobile visits 11 locations each week for kids to check out and return books, music, DVDs and curiosity kits, and explore different STREAM (science, technology, reading, engineering, art and math) activities. Kids can also join the summer Curiosity Club to earn prizes – just ask for a card on your first visit.
- 9-10am | YWCA| 225 SW 12th St
- 10:30-11:30am | Deer Creek Community Center | 2345 SE 25th St
- 1-3pm | Adams Boys & Girls Club | 550 SE 27th St
- 9:30-11:30am | Mother Teresa Catholic Church | 2014 NW 46th St
- 1-3pm | Logan Elementary Boys & Girls Club | 1124 NW Lyman Rd
- 9-11:30am | Most Pure Heart Catholic Church | 1750 SW Stone Ave
- 1-3pm | Montara Boys & Girls Club | 6715 SW Westover Rd
- 9:30-11:30am | Auburn Community Center | 121 W 11th St, Auburn
- 1-3pm | Villa West Shopping Center | 29th & Wanamaker Rd
- 9:30-11:30am | Security Benefit Academy | 1 Security Benefit Pl
- 1-3pm | Tecumseh North Boys & Girls Club | 314 SE Stanton Rd
Curiosity Club Activities
Build a constellation to take home.
Experiment with a scale model solar system.
Create your own comet or asteroid.
Discover the planets in our solar system.
Use stomp rockets and build your own rocket.
July 1-5 (closed July 4)
Create a mini flying saucer.
Build yourself a space helmet.
Adapt a zip line to simulate the space rover landing.
Make a model of the Earth, Moon & Sun.
July 29-Aug 2
Build your own space telescope.
School Year Adventuremobile Service
The library’s Adventuremobile visits participating Shawnee County elementary schools every other week during the school year. Students check out a variety of children’s materials.
How the service works
The Adventuremobile schedule is set up yearly on a first-come, first served basis. The Bookmobile Department then works with each school to set up a schedule for classroom visits during their allocated times. On the day the Adventuremobile visits, students come out with their assigned classroom to return their books and check out 2 items. Teachers can also request library materials to be brought out with the service to supplement their lesson plans.
2018-2019 School Year
The Adventuremobile schedule for this year is already finalized. If you have any questions or concerns about the service, please contact Sandra Hestand, Community Services Supervisor at 785-580-4591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.