Start meeting in one of our eight new team rooms, which double the space we had in the old study rooms. Team rooms provide a quiet space equipped with technology for groups of six people or fewer. Each room has a small conference table, a glass dry erase board (bring your own markers), and a 42” monitor with Microsoft Office, internet, speakers and a web cam.
While we are finishing the last steps on our reservation system you can use the rooms on a first come first served basis. This is on the honor system so please limit your time to three hours. Soon you will be able to reserve a team room online or in person on the iPad outside each room. You can reserve a room up to seven days in advance for up to three hours a day with your library card.
These new spaces have so many uses for groups in Shawnee County. Here are some suggestions:
- Small book discussion group
- Small business meeting
- Class project or study sessions
- Small committee/club meeting
- Playing cards or a board game (Dungeons & Dragons perhaps)
- Writers feedback group
- Teaching a friend something on the computer
- Homeschoolers doing lessons
- Taking or presenting an online course
- Filming a professional presentation