The Topeka Competition celebrates national artists working in three-dimensional media. The Alice C. Sabatini Gallery (located within a public library) offers a unique opportunity to showcase the newest, most innovative work in contemporary art and crafts.
The exhibition is November 10, 2017 – January 7, 2018 and will be hosted at the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery at the Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka, Kansas. The Topeka Competition is sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
This Year’s Juror
Emily Williams creates detailed glass sculptures inspired by the natural world. Her glass sculptures explore complex plant and sea life forms. Science and natural history have always played a strong role in her life. To see more of Emily’s work, visit The Creators Project and Colossal.com.
Emily began teaching sculpture in 1989 at Clarion University of PA. Over the years she has shared her passion for sculpture with her students. Emily has received a number of grants and awards through the years, including a Fulbright Hays grant to study in Italy. Emily was awarded her Masters of Fine Art degree in Sculpture from Washington University in Saint Louis, Missouri
How to Enter
Artists 18 years of age or older, currently residing in the United States.
- Three-dimensional work in clay, metal, jewelry, fiber, leather, glass, sculpture, wood, books as art, or mixed media.
- No two-dimensional work will be accepted.
- Work must be no more than 3 years old (completed in 2014 or later). Work previously exhibited in the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery is not eligible.
- Call Sherry Best, exhibit coordinator, at 785-580-4515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
A $35 non-refundable fee for up to three works.(Details are allowed, please label as details. Up to 9 images of 3 works may be submitted.)
All entries and fees will be processed through Call For Entry. Do not send your entry to the Sabatini Gallery. See Café.com for the image specifications and submission instructions.
CaFÉ Entry Deadline
Friday August 11, 2017
Notification of Acceptance
Artists will be notified by email on August 30, 2017.
- Juror’s Awards will be named by the juror and announced at the Awards Reception on Sunday, November 12, 2017. These are cash awards for high-quality work.
- Purchase Awards will be named by the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery and will become part of the Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library’s permanent art collection. Awards are sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
The Sabatini Gallery encourages potential buyers to contact the artist directly. Neither the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery nor the Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library receive any commission on sales.