The Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library is looking for a Technology Support Specialist who provides excellent customer service, is an effective communicator, and a great team member.
The Technology Support Specialist performs intermediate work installing, maintaining, and repairing computers and related equipment and systems. Technology Support Specialists are first to respond to helpdesk calls or emails, and work with staff and customers to resolve technology issues with hardware and software.
As the Technology Support Specialist, you will:
- Answer computer helpdesk phones and emails, assist public and staff, resolve issues with computer hardware and software. Talk with frontend users to ascertain potential problems with equipment, read technical manuals, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems to provide technical assistance and support.
- Maintain records of repairs.
- Install, upgrade, and configure computers, monitors, printers, and other hardware.
- Install, upgrade, and configure operating systems and software.
- Maintain and troubleshoot library computers.
- Set up audio/visual equipment in the library’s meeting rooms and at library events.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and clean and check computers on a regular basis.
- Assist in the process of working with vendors for purchases of computer software and hardware.
- Communicate with contracted vendors to support computer software and hardware.
- Complete assigned projects including physical moves of hardware, network/software upgrades, etc.
- Continually seek opportunities to maintain, update, and improve technology knowledge.
- Maintain prompt arrival to work and efficiently and dependably maintain scheduled hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A combination of technology/computer support experience and/or post-secondary education in a related field to total one year is required.
- CCNA/MSCE/MSCA certification preferred.
- Comp TIA A+ certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, Ethernet networks, Microsoft Windows software, and web-based tools and services.
- Knowledge of Internet searching techniques.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with diverse staff, customers, volunteers, community partners, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Good planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 preferred.
- Knowledge of Apple computers preferred.
A pre and/or post-employment drug screen, criminal history record check and physical capacity testing are required as a condition of employment.
SCHEDULE: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 12:15 pm – 9:15 pm. Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Friday & Saturday off.
PAY & BENEFITS: Starting hourly rate of pay will be in the range of $17.80 to $22.25 depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed and signed TSCPL job application, resume, and cover letter are required for consideration. TSCPL application forms are available online at www.tscpl.org, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources.
First review of applications will begin on Monday, March 27, 2023.
Application materials may be emailed, faxed, mailed or handed in.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Mail completed and signed job application materials to:
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may also be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4492 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org