Come be a part of the Library Community Services (Bookmobile) team by providing library materials and information to the public through bookmobile and delivery services.
The Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library is committed to doing what matters most to our community, connecting our citizens with the information they want and need to live their best life.
As the Community Services Library Senior Associate some of the things you will do are:
- Provide library materials and information to customers across Topeka and Shawnee County by safely operating library vehicles such as bookmobiles, trucks, and vans.
- Set up and maintain daily off-site bookmobile locations and perform duties associated with regular bookmobile service.
- File and perform data entry tasks that relate to the status of bookmobile materials such as files, restock shelves, process reserves, and circulate library materials.
- Assist customers inquiring about community information services, periodicals, databases, files, interlibrary loans, and other information.
- Maintain assigned Community Services collection.
- Assist and support Community Services Public Services Specialists and Librarian in programming and implementation of programs and related tasks.
- Assist in daily dock duties.
- Obtain and follow all requirements for Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with air brakes endorsement.
- Maintain prompt arrival and efficiently and dependably maintain scheduled hours.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with insurable driving record or the ability to obtain a CDL within the first six (6) months of hire is required.
- Multi-lingual fluency is preferred.
- Position requires bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing materials weighing up to 100 pounds, reaching, the ability to climb stairs, talking on the telephone and stationary work at a computer. Height limitation due to low ceilings is 6 feet 4 inches tall.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with patrons, volunteers, community partners, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong service orientation.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software applications and Internet searching techniques.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge of City/County streets.
- Experience working with groups of school aged children.
- Strong public service orientation.
SCHEDULE: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday with one evening per week and approximately one Saturday per month. Weekly evening and Saturday on-call shift required.
PAY & BENEFITS: Starting hourly rate will be in the range of $14.13 to $17.66 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed and signed TSCPL job application is required for consideration. It is recommended to submit a resume and cover letter as well. TSCPL application forms are available online at www.tscpl.org, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources.
First review of applications will begin on Monday, March 27, 2023.
Application materials may be emailed, faxed, mailed or handed in.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Mail completed and signed job application materials to:
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may also be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4492 or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org