Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library is looking for an Executive Assistant who is highly motivated, energetic, dependable and very comfortable in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. This person should be a self-starter with exceptional communication skills, a strong sense of service delivery and an ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders. The successful candidate will have the ability to and a thorough understanding of supporting C-suite level executives. This individual must have the ability to work under pressure at times to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Some of the essential job duties include:
- Overseeing the general functions of the administrative office including keeping an appointment calendar for the CEO and arranging meetings for the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
- Facilitating a broad range of high-level activities, projects, and day-to-day operations for the CEO.
- Attending Trustee Board meetings, preparing minutes, assembling information for Board of Trustee and committee meetings and making arrangements as needed.
- Facilitating, in concert with the CEO, communication and follow-up with the Board of Trustees.
- Managing agenda development, room scheduling, preparing minutes, assembling information for Management Team meetings and making arrangements as necessary.
- Assisting in planning and implementing special events in support of Library Administration as needed.
- Anticipating the CEO’s needs and proactively bringing together the appropriate people and other resources to support the CEO in addressing opportunities and challenges.
- Managing correspondence for the CEO and providing support for other executive and administrative staff as needed.
- Arranging and coordinating registration and travel to conferences for the CEO.
- Maintaining primary files for CEO and providing support for maintaining administrative files as needed.
- Participating in library-wide efforts including staff committees and library programs. Meeting with library staff to share and receive information. Participating in seminars, workshops and other training to enhance expertise and update necessary technical knowledge.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A combination of office, executive, or administrative support work and/or post-secondary education to total five years is required.
Notary public in the State of Kansas or the ability to obtain a notary public in Kansas within the first month of hire is required. Required to maintain notary public once received.
Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with patrons, volunteers, community partners, colleagues and supervisors.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong service orientation and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- A desire to understand TSCPL’s business to fully assess impact of initiatives across the organization.
- Competent and up-to-date computer skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
A pre-and/or post-employment drug screen, a criminal history record check, and physical capacity testing are required as a condition of employment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time position. Pay range is $18.00 to $22.25 per hour dependent upon qualifications. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH JANUARY 3, 2022