Come be a part of the library maintenance team by providing custodial services across the library.
- Cleans the library facilities using a checklist of duties that include vacuuming with upright and large commercial vacuums, emptying trash, dust mopping, wet mopping, dusting, cleaning restrooms, shampooing carpets, strip/wax tile floors, as well as other general custodial cleaning as assigned by supervisor or lead custodian.
- Dusts and cleans walls, doors, windows, woodwork, and other above floor surfaces.
- Vacuums rugs and carpets for at least one hour at a time, multiple times throughout the day.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness in janitor closets and storage areas.
- Cleans tools and equipment daily.
- Arranges and sets up meeting rooms for programs for the public and staff, to include setting up tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Empties library book return(s), wheels into building and boxes up books and materials.
- Locks and secures building at close and upon leaving.
- Safely operates Library vehicles such as trucks and vans.
- Sets up and tears down up to 400 chairs for at least one hour at a time, multiple times in a workday.
- Sets up and tears down up to 40 tables for at least one hour at a time, multiple times in a workday.
- Maintains technology competency at a level determined necessary by the Library including but not limited to: downloading and printing meeting room setup instructions; opening, reading, and sending emails; reading the staff intranet; using the Library payroll system to include completing and submitting timesheets and leave requests; and other technology the library deems necessary.
- Maintains prompt arrival and efficiently and dependably maintains scheduled hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform detailed work with accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to accept changes to scheduled assignments when coverage is needed.
- Ability to manage schedule to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working general knowledge of computers.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Knowledge of different types of custodial equipment is preferred.
Required: Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
Preferred: One year custodial experience and knowledge of the operation of different types of custodial equipment is preferred.
A pre-and/or post-employment drug screen, a criminal history record check, and a physical capacity testing are required as a condition of employment.
SCHEDULE: Nights, days and some weekend hours are required.
PAY & BENEFITS: Starting pay range is $13.08 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (KPERS). Group life insurance, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.