The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is seeking bright, energetic people who want to work in a rewarding environment. If you are looking for a way to spend extra hours in your day, volunteering at the library is a great opportunity to help others and stay connected to one of the most resourceful organizations in the community. You would be a great addition to the family.
Here are a few of the volunteer opportunities available:
- Meet fascinating people, including major authors and speakers, by hosting special events.
- Enrich the lives of children by assisting with crafts or storytelling programs.
- Help Library staff efficiency by offering clerical and technical assistance.
- Turn used books into “treasure” by working in the Friends Booktique and/or assist other volunteers prepare for the annual Book Sale.
- Greet visitors to the Library with a smile and useful directional information.
- Promote the Library by assisting with mailings and other activities.
- Add the personal touch by helping patrons use Library computers or copy machines.
- Work behind the scenes, helping Talking Books.
- Assist the Red Carpet staff deliver material to patrons unable to come to the Library.
- Learn valuable job skills by becoming a Teen Volunteer